The Prisoner (The Replacement) - Rachael Wade

I received a review copy for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

There's a fine line between love and obsession, and Christian walked that line every time he met up with Elise. Knowing he's a wealthy man might have biased me, but I truly believe he wanted to own Elise rather than have a healthy loving relationship with her. Told from his POV, The Prisoner showed how very self-assured he was that she'd "wake up" and realize she was his. Um, egotistical much? Yet I don't hate him; I just think he's misguided.

Several months ago, I read The Replacement and am struck by how much of the book has stayed with me. It had such a profound emotional impact on me that I don't think I'll ever forget it. The events Christian talks about here in The Prisoner are ones I remember from Elise's perspective, and it was astounding how different two people can view the same situation.

I think Elise knew Christian better than he knew himself. There were truths about him that were too bitter a pill for him to swallow. I'm glad I got the chance to delve into their relationship more thoroughly. I was curious about it when I read the first book, and enjoyed seeing things from Christian's POV. This was a terrifically told story, and I'm eagerly anticipating more from this series!