Evolution: SAGE (Evolution series) - S Huchton, Starla Huchton

I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

With the first book ending on such a brutal cliffhanger, I've been looking forward to continuing this series ever since. If you aren't a fan of that kind of ending, never fear! You can pick up this book right after that ending and keep on going!!

One of the things that excites me the most about this series is reading about these ordinary people who have been turned into superheroes with results both positive and negative. In the first book, Candace was so pumped about turning into one of the superheroes she spent her days reading about and didn't stop to think about the potential drawbacks.

Candace tends to jump headfirst into everything she does. Her superpower is the ability to control water - she can even control water in the human body, which amazes and terrifies her at the same time. There are situations she finds herself in that she never anticipated, situations that will change who she is far more than the injections that made her a superhero. She has a lot to process after the actions she had to take in the last book and this one as well. I believe wholeheartedly she would have still chosen to become a superhero even if she had known what was going to happen. She's that committed.

Jackson's the kind of guy mothers warn their daughters about - he's arrogant, abrasive, self-centered but SMOKING HOT. And also damaged. All of that bravado is what everyone sees on the outside, but there's a lot more going on underneath. There's always been a lot of simmering attraction between them, and the sexual tension ratchets up several notches in this installment of the series. I highly anticipated them giving into their desire.

I'm glad Candace's cousin Gabe is a superhero, too. He's the person she can trust and confide in. I don't know if she would have been able to keep her sanity without him around.

The third book is waiting for me on my Kindle, and I AM SO EXCITED!!! I don't have a ton in common with Candace obviously *wink wink* but I love her to pieces and can't wait to see what happens next.