London Bound - Nana Malone

I received a review copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

I keep surprising myself with the novels I read this year. To be honest, the synopsis for London Bound at a glance sounds formulaic, but let me assure you the story is anything but! The way in which Abbie's ex-boyfriend betrayed her isn't what you're probably thinking, and that isn't the only surprise in store - this romance is told in a way that's fresh and unique.

Abbie and Alexi have much in common - respective family drama, secrets they're keeping, and a desire to break free of their pasts to find happiness. I rooted for them to become a couple and wanted to convince them to just be together and forget everyone else. But I also knew that would've been too easy. Their push-and-pull romance kept me transfixed to my Kindle.

I loved Abbie! She's so much stronger and braver than she thinks. It's a shame her family is so overbearing and disapproving of what she wants to do with her life. I felt the same way about Alexi's father, who is tyrannical towards his son but doesn't know the first thing about him. At least Alexi had a good relationship with his mother.

London Bound was even better than I was hoping. A range of emotion was brought out in me, and I love it when a book can do that. I became fully invested in these characters and what happened to them. This is the kind of book I want to shout from the rooftops for everyone to read!

If you've been hesitant to try a New Adult romance, thinking they all sound the same, I recommend reading London Bound. The story is fresh and full of surprises, and the writing made me forget I was reading a book. I felt like I was there with the characters. I'm super excited for the next book!