Fragile Line (Entangled Teen) - Brooklyn Skye

I received a copy of this book to review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

When I began reading Fragile Line, I had forgotten what the synopsis said and think my enjoyment of the story was enhanced from not remembering. All I knew was that after how much I adored Stripped, I'll read anything, and I mean anything, by Brooklyn Skye. I'd read her grocery list if she let me.

In Fragile Line we meet Ellie Cox who's beginning to lose more and more time with no memory of where it goes. I couldn't imagine how frustrating that would be. At first it's little things - she forgets to wait for her friend after school, for example - but it ends up becoming larger chunks of time, sometimes hours, even days. Instead of explaining to her family and friends what's happening to her, she makes up excuses about being tired and stressed from school.

This story astounded me with how well written it is and how real Ellie's struggle felt. It felt so real to me. My heart broke for Ellie and everyone who cares about her. Brooklyn Skye is an incredibly talented writer and pulls you into Ellie's nightmare to where you can't stop reading. For anything. I read this book in one sitting and got zero sleep, but it was so worth it. There was no place I could stop because everything in me resisted the very idea.

Seriously, if you haven't read Fragile Line, I advise you to grab a copy and start reading without taking a look at the synopsis. Just jump in with an open mind and don't look back until you've finished. This is an unforgettable novel of discovering who you are and reconciling your past with your present. My love for Fragile Line knows no bounds.