Rewound - D.T. Dyllin

I received a copy of this book for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

Rewound hit me fast, and I couldn't get enough. I remember feeling disbelief when I saw I was halfway through the book already; I just didn't want it to end. The time travel aspect of the story drew me in, and the idea of going back in time for a do-over is completely appealing. I was even more satisfied with the story than I thought I could be. Rewound had me laughing, crying, and smiling, sometimes all at the same time!

Dez and Jax have been married longer than most people are alive. They love each other, and they have intense physical chemistry even after all of their years of marriage. I quickly became invested in their relationship even though from the synopsis I thought for sure I wouldn't like Jax. Surprise - I ended up loving him! Both of these characters are awesome yet have their flaws, too, which made them stand out as real people in my mind.

Their story flew by - I was that into my reading. Nothing could have interrupted me save for a tornado, and maybe not even then. The shenanigans they got into were so funny and at times sweet, and it was all in the name of happiness. We all want to be happy. If you had a chance to travel back in time and make different choices in the hopes of finding happiness, would you do it? I would, not because I'm terribly unhappy with how my life has turned out, but I'd love to relive parts of my life knowing what I know now.

I think the biggest surprise for Dez is when she realizes Jax has followed her back in time. She thought it was going to be a simple task - all she had to do was go back in time to fall in love with another guy instead of Jax, and then Jax would never have the chance to hurt her. This was a snap decision she made thinking it would fix everything and that she'd get her happily ever after. But I don't think she thought about all of the things that could potentially go wrong, and that Jax has followed her leads to all kinds of complications.

Rewound is creative and addictive, and I didn't want it to end. Ever. The writing and characters will draw you in right away and won't let you go. I know I'll still be thinking about this book months from now. It's THAT good.