Evolution: ANGEL - Starla Huchton
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

What a crazy and heartbreaking ride! Evolution: ANGEL took me from the heights of euphoria to the depths of despair. My thoughts are still in a whirlwind. I had to decompress after finishing this book - so much happens but I also know so much has YET to happen. It's that intense of a read.

Candace is a firecracker. She's tough, goal driven, and becoming an ANGEL (AdvaNced Genetic EvoLution) is what she's wanted for the last four years - working and studying hard to get there. I really think she dreamed of becoming a superhero - even before she and her cousin were rescued by ANGELs - during all the years she's spent reading comics.

Adrian has to be every bookworm girl's dream. All he'd have to do for me is read out loud to me like he did for Candace, and I'd become putty in his hands. That's gotta be the sexiest thing I've read a guy doing. Plus, he's working in the library for the time being. AND Candace wins him over when she corrects her cousin's grammar, haha! What a man!

Jackson is the "bad boy" kind of superhero - there are a lot of layers to him that I didn't get to see in this first book and hope will be explored next time. Sparks fly between him and Candace - I could tell there was an attraction there that both worked very hard to deny.

That ending! I can't figure out if I dreamed it up or if it really happened. All I know is I couldn't breathe afterwards - I had to calm myself down just so I could sleep. I'm emotionally wrecked and desperate to find out what happens next. What to do in the meantime?!?