Must Love Otters - Eliza Gordon

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

MUST LOVE OTTERS came highly recommended from a friend of mine, and I'm SO glad she suggested I give this book a try. Omigod, I laughed so hard, but I had to try to hold it in because I was shaking with laughter and didn't want to wake up my husband. I contemplated reading out in the living room but didn't want to leave my warm comfy bed. I had to wipe tears away! My chest ached from attempting to keep the laughter from escaping. It was painful, lol.

It's an amazing talent to be able to convey snarky wit and humor in the manner that this husband-and-wife team, Eliza Gordon, did. They pulled it off big time. They SLAYED me. I bow down to their genius. Seriously.

In the beginning of MUST LOVE OTTERS, it was painful to read about how unhappy Hollie felt, and the way she was treated by her boyfriend, supervisor, co-workers, and even people whose emergency calls she takes at the 911 dispatch center - the ones who yell at her and don't really have emergencies. But the pain was replaced by wonderful changes Hollie makes. She has the courage to turn everything upside down in an effort to find out what she wants from life.

There were sweet, romantic moments that had me feeling so happy for Hollie. She's so relatable - I know what it feels like to be disenchanted with the way I'm living and worry that I'm settling for mediocrity rather than taking a risk for real and true happiness. The trip to Revelation Cove, Hollie's early birthday gift from her father, couldn't have come at a better time for her, and I think the name of the cove is perfect for what she went there to do. She has a huge revelation that changes her life forever.

I can't recommend MUST LOVE OTTERS enough. It's a read that will make you laugh so hard you'll feel like you've done a thousand sit-ups! Which is a terrific feeling.