In Bloom (The Brightside Series) - Katie Delahanty

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

Pure and utter bliss. How could you not feel that way if you started DATING your rock star crush? Well I guess you'd have a better chance of feeling that way if there were no such thing as the paparazzi and tabloids. Drawn in by the title of this book, IN BLOOM, which happens to also be the title of a song by MY favorite band Nirvana, I read what the book would be about - falling into a relationship with a rock god, how could I pass that up?? Obviously I couldn't.

Olivia Bloom has packed up from Pittsburgh and moved to LA to pursue her dream of becoming a costume desinger. Happening to be in the right places at the right times, she soon not only meets Berkeley, the frontman for her favorite rock band Berkeley and the Brightside, but also begins dating him. She also happened to luck out in making friends at her apartment complex as well as getting a job and making a friend there, too. I loved her friends and how she wasn't shy about making sure they know she wants to be herself - not someone fake to fit into the scene.

IN BLOOM is the perfect title for this book and not just because "Bloom" happens to be Olivia's last name. I adore that girl to pieces. She boldly left everything and everyone she knew behind to move to LA to go after her dream. Olivia is like a delicate peach rose, and once she's found her niche, she really begins to thrive and bloom. She's witty and instantly likable. I could read ten books in a row with her in them.

Berkeley is completely swoon worthy. There's just something about him from the very start that made me fall for him. He seems unaffected by his rockstar status by being a genuine and down-to-earth guy. He's modest and romantic...all of this adds up to every girl's dream! For me, I love that he is so into music - I could just imagine him playing his guitar and singing right to me.

One of my favorite parts of IN BLOOM is that every chapter begins with a tweet or two from the characters in the story. It was a really fun way to start each new chapter and showcased the different personalities of each character. Plus, the tweets were just funny and made me laugh.

If you've been reluctant to give the New Adult genre a try, I highly recommend you start with IN BLOOM. This book will cause you to swoon and laugh and is the perfect way to spend an afternoon.