Used (Getting Inside of V,  #1) - Kate Lynne

I received a copy of this novella in exchange for an honest review. You can find my stop on the blog tour hosted by Limitless Publishing at Donnie Darko Girl

**Mature Content Warning**
Recommended for ages 17+ due to language and sexual content.

Have you heard the expression about being unable to look away from a train wreck even though you know you should? That's how I felt taking a look into V's life - I should look away but couldn't. There's something darkly fascinating about this character and how she chooses to live her life. She has to be one of the brashest female characters I've come across in, well, ever. She will poison your life as promised.

I didn't hate V as she expected - rather, I was entranced and almost hypnotized by her. She has this tough exterior shell but inside is a wreck and vulnerable, which I think is why I didn't hate her. USED may be a quick read, but Kate Lynne doesn't waste one word in introducing you to V's world. By the end, I felt as though I had read a full-length novel rather than a novella - THAT much happened.

Most of USED is narrated by V, but you also get a look from two other characters' point of views. I believe V can be a bit delusional about her exterior - I don't think she fools everyone like she believes she does. There has to be someone who see right through her. The ending is quite chilling and sets up for the next novella in a way that makes me want to grab it right away. Luckily, I have a copy of CONFUSED waiting for me!