Savor - Kate Evangelista

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

I. Am. Addicted. SAVOR was so flippin' awesome, I need more! Dakota swept me away the minute she stepped out of the cab at the club opening the very first page of the book. I don't think I've met many characters who are as cool as she is. She's rockin' that eye patch. Yes, she has an eye patch - the first character I've read about wearing an eye patch who isn't a pirate - and she checks for it often, feeling comforted when she has confirmed it's in place. While she has some vulnerability and insecurity, she is for the most part bold and outspoken, and I adored her.

SAVOR has a mysterious and alluring atmosphere, much of that due to Vicious, the band Dakota stays with to photograph for her project in order to graduate college. I was drawn in immediately, and my attention was completely captured. When I read SAVOR, I didn't realize TASTE is a prequel and haven't read TASTE yet, but this didn't affect my take on the story at all. As a matter of fact, I'm looking forward to TASTE and seeing the characters' history together, not to mention having it to tide me over until the next book comes out!

Speaking of the characters besides Dakota, I liked them all. They were well characterized, each with his or her own personality. It really did feel like the band was a family that Dakota grew to be a part of. I loved the group dynamic. I wasn't terribly fond of Luka's sister at first, but she became one of my favorite characters other than Dakota.

Luka Visraya. His name alone is sexy let alone the fact that he's hot and a rockstar. The chemistry between Luka and Dakota sizzles, melting the pages I swear! There were mood swings, tenderness, and just a mass of all different emotions surrounding the two of them. I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't pay attention to the paranormal undercurrents of the story until the ending. What ends up happening to them was nothing I could have imagined. I am dying to find out what happens next. It's going to be a long wait for the second book!