Neurotica - Eliza Gordon

I received a review copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

With the promises of geeking out to Star Wars and reading about awesome witty characters, I couldn't wait to dig into Neurotica! Having read Eliza Gordon's previous release, Must Love Otters, I knew I was going to be laughing out loud with every page.

Jayne is just...REAL. She's not perfect, doesn't look like a model, and loves Star Wars. She's average like me! I love reading about characters that are down-to-earth and don't wake up looking like they're ready to walk down a runway. I adored her - she has some psychological hang-ups about getting romantic, and I can understand that fear she had. She's witty and intelligent, and you can't help but want her to succeed in finding happiness.

I loved that Luke had so much in common with Jayne. They could geek out over Star Wars together, he helped her out by giving her a job at his food truck when she was laid off from the newspaper, and I kept wondering when are they going to realize they would be great together???
You know, there's another guy in this story who really surprised me, and I wondered where, if anywhere, that was going to go.

My only problem was the drama towards the end. It changed the way I looked at a couple of the characters, but it didn't ruin the book for me or anything.

I love Eliza Gordon's sense of humor that she infuses into her books, and Neurotica is definitely a side-splitter. The characters she breathed life into in this book are quirky and remind me in some ways of people I know in real life. Jayne is like the underdog everyone will want to root for. If you like laughing, witty characters, and spectacular writing, you need to read Neurotica!!