The Horde Without End (The World Without End Book 2) - Nazarea Andrews

I received a review copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

The Horde Without End went by so quickly for me! After that cliffhanger ending in the first book, I was desperate to find out what was going to happen next and read this cover to cover in one sitting, staying up late into the night. I couldn't put it down, not even for sleep.

Ren and Finn set out to find Ren's brother, Collin, and their friend, Dustin. They follow a trail of breadcrumbs Collin has tried to leave for them, causing them to run into not only zombies, but also gangs of people roaming the outside. They have to deal with the people living in the Havens. Not only that, but the zombies are changing and adapting, finding new ways to survive.

My only issue with the story, which is completely based on my own personal tastes and might not necessarily affect other readers, is that Ren insists on asking Finn questions he refuses to answer. This guy is a closed book, and I thought he'd crack by now honestly. I think I'd probably give up. But Ren isn't someone who quits, and I do admire that about her. He does reveal more of himself in this book than in the first, and there's more to him than I imagined.

The chemistry between Ren and Finn is off the charts hot. The further they try to push each other away, the crazier the attraction makes them. I remember thinking in the beginning of the first book that Finn wasn't going to have a big role in this series, but I was wrong and am glad I was wrong! Ren and Finn work together like a team without having to communicate - they can read each other in dangerous situations, which works to their advantage more than once. Together, they seem to be unstoppable.

Between the search for Ren's brother and Dustin, the chemistry between Ren and Finn, and the curiously changing nature of the zombies, I was hooked. The Horde Without End is a terrific follow-up to its predecessor, and I'm excited for the next installment!