Regret Me Not - Danielle Sibarium

I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

Regret Me Not took me by surprise with its emotional depth. I shared Kenzie's laughter right along with her tears. The story was beautiful and moving with a full range of emotions. I wasn't expecting to be taken on this journey but am so glad I was.

From the start I could tell Brayden was a genuinely good guy and cringed at the various ways Kenzie came up with to push him away. I wanted her to trust him almost as badly as he wanted her to do so. There aren't too many guys like Brayden out there, as Kenzie's sister found out the hard way, which made it even more difficult to stand by and watch this push and pull go on between them.

I didn't like Brayden's parents at all. To be fair, from their perspective it looks like all Kenzie does is cause their son pain. While I wasn't too fond of Kenzie's parents, I eventually grew to understand why they made the mistakes they did and began to warm up to them. They did a grave injustice to Kenzie by basically ignoring her through all of her older sister's problems. I'd be as hurt and angry as Kenzie if I had parents who treated me like I was nonexistent.

There were moments when my heart felt like it was beating right out of my chest - moments where I didn't know what was going to happen between Brayden and Kenzie and all I could do was hope for the best. I quickly became invested in this couple. While I didn't agree with some of the things Kenzie did, I can understand why she did them. They were easy characters to like and root for, flaws and all.

While Regret Me Not surprised me overall, the ending surprised me almost even more so. I didn't see it coming at all and thought it was realistic - I like endings that aren't tied up neatly with a bow. If you're looking for a novel that's easy to get into and a story full of emotional depth, I recommend this book.