A Slow Burn - Tigris Eden

I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

While a quick read, "A Slow Burn" is packed with sizzling heat and Jackson. Oh, Jackson. I'd have a hard time saying no to him, too! Even if I was pretty sure my heart was about to be stomped on - he's THAT good. He's the perfect alpha male. If you're looking for a read to get your heart pumping, this is a great one to do exactly that.

I liked how the tables are turned in this story with Anna expecting a one night stand and Jackson looking for something long term with her. In romances, usually it's the other way around, and so this was a refreshing change. It made me realize how smart Anna is with knowing Jackson's history and her desire to protect herself.

My only issue with this story is Jackson's sudden decision that Anna's the only woman for him. He ignored her while they were growing up, is notorious for being a one night stand kind of guy, and doesn't really know her well. It didn't jive with his character; however, I'm positive there's a lot more to come for these two characters which may later help me understand his reasoning.

I really liked Anna from the start - she's intelligent, goes after what she wants, has ambition without being cutthroat, and generally seems to be a caring person. Anna and Jackson make a scorching hot pairing, and their chemistry was off the charts. They were so much fun to read about, and I want more of them and their story.