Fury - Charlotte McConaghy

I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

Fury has a premise that's really interesting because it makes me think about what society would be like if the government decided to start removing certain emotions from humanity. In this novel, the government has decided to "cure" anger, and sadness is possibly next. From there, where would they stop and what would be the unforeseen consequences?

The mystery of Josephine and the blood moon kept me eagerly engaged in the story. There's an obvious possibility that I couldn't help but keep in mind throughout Fury. There's something different about Luke, because even though he has received "the cure" he still wants to help Josephine figure out what happens to her every year. I wanted to know what was different about him and why.

The only issue I have with Fury is that anger is supposed to be the only emotion removed, yet there are still people attacking other people while onlookers don't do anything about it. For example, Josephine gets a job at a casino serving drinks and rebuffs one of the customer's advances. He corners her in the bathroom and attempts to rape her while a coworker of Josephine's walks in on them and walks away without a word. Where was her compassion? I get she doesn't get angry anymore, but surely she still has some compassion.

Overall, Fury is a book I enjoyed and with the ending, I'm looking forward to reading the next book. I can tell there's a lot more story to unfold, and I'm ready for it!