Inevitable - Lani Woodland

I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

Reading Inevitable was bittersweet for me - on one hand, I love this trilogy and was excited to see how it would end, but on the other hand, I didn't want it to end. I will never forget these characters and their story.

Yara and Brent's relationship isn't perfect - Brent's parents hate Yara for a few different reasons, none of which I agree with - but their relationship is so mature it almost does seem perfect. They're able to work through their problems together, and Brent always asks Yara what she thinks because he knows sometimes she only cares what others think. He knows her that well because he pays attention to the little things, all the little details. The love between them is so strong, it's more romantic than some hot muscly guy any day. The fact that he's dying ripped my heart out.

Yara is strong yet vulnerable, working hard for a cure for Brent and never giving up but also having those moments where it's all you can do not to break down and cry. She's amazingly real and has come so far from the first book where she was doing her best to run away from her family legacy as a Waker. I'm as proud of her as Vovó!

Inevitable is a maze of twists and turns that had me anxiously on the edge of my seat and glued to my Kindle, hoping against hope Yara could find a cure for Brent while fighting the threat to the Wakers. This is the kind of story that is so addictive, I know I'll be rereading it again. I've been through so much with these characters in this trilogy, and while I hate to see it end, the ending is impressive. I couldn't have asked for anything more.