Game of Love (Love in Bloom: The Remingtons, Book 1) Contemporary Romance - Melissa Foster

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl

Ellie and Dex's story in GAME OF LOVE is beautiful, sweet and tender with characters I adore! This pair was amazing and likable right away, and there was something magical in the air when they're together. They were friends in high school, and with all of the turmoil Ellie was going through with being bounced from foster home to foster home, Dex was the one constant in her life.

In the present Dex is successfully running a PC game developing company. Four years ago he was hurt almost irreparably by Ellie when she left without a word after he confessed his love for her. Since then he has built up walls that would take a wrecking ball to tear down, but if anyone could do it, then it would be the very woman who had caused those walls to go up in the first place.

Ellie is starting over - she needs a new job, a place to live, and a purpose in her life. Despite having hurt Dex in the past and possibly hurting him again, she's been through her share of pain and heartache as well. She has a hard time allowing herself to open up to the possibility of love - she sees herself as someone who would wreck Dex's life when I think it's clear she couldn't be further from the truth.

Rooting for this couple to find their way to each other as more than best friends was all I wanted to do while reading. I can't express enough how much I loved GAME OF LOVE. I'm blown away by Melissa Foster's writing; this is the first book I've read by her and certainly won't be the last. Dex gave me chills - I could just imagine how it must feel to be loved by him. He's completely swoon worthy, I mean wow!

I raced through GAME OF LOVE. I was glued to my Kindle needing to know what was going to happen next, and my only regret is when I came to the end of the book. But I have the rest of this series to look forward to reading, and I'm going to do just that!